Have You Used the Disney Marketing Strategy in Your Business?
I have been watching Disney for years and years! You probably have too. The Disney Corporation is masterful at the art of marketing. But when you watch their full strategy they are successful the first time they release a new movie or product, AND, they are successful the second and third time.
Think about it, you see a movie. Then it comes out in DVD. After a few years of release it is marketed one more time as being retired. But Disney never totally retires the product. They do lock it up in the vault and don’t sell it for years. Then they pull it out of the vault, they convert to the modern format — VHS – DVD-Blu-Ray…and we all see it again. How many times has Beauty and the Beast been released, or Cinderella? They release and re-release over and over again.
Now, I am watching an Internet Marketer do the very same thing. He has had successful online business. Made a significant income and he is having a retirement sale. He is taking products that he sold several years ago and promoting them again as he retires. His messages are each time limited, establishing that sense of urgency. The products are taken down when he says they will and they are essentially locked in the vault. What will happen in three years? Can he re-release them? Definitely!
What are some of the keys to doing the Disney Marketing Plan:
- your product has to have value now and into the future. So, if you put it in the vault and pull it out again — there still has to be value there. If you are selling Bambi movies then you know that young children in 10 years will still enjoy them. Because they have been re-released for each generation, parents have a nostalgic view of the movie and they buy because they loved it. In business marketing, the product has to have that same life long appeal. If your product expires then the Disney Marketing Plan won’t work.
- you have to take the product OFF the market for a significant amount of time.
- the product had to be successful, highly successful the first time around.
- you have to keep your word.
- you can re-purpose, re-package, add or modify the product.
Looking at your products and business on how you use things that you develop more than once is a great success strategy. You need to maximize your income through the products that you develop. When you can use them more than once you really maximize the impact of that one product.
For instance with our Bizology.Biz system we offer it in several different formats: published version either the complete program or individual workbooks, membership site or a license to sell the program under your own brand. Bizology.Biz hasn’t reached the Disney Marketing Plan yet. But there is the potential for it to be “disneyied”. What do you have that you could Disney? Try to use the Disney Marketing Plan in your business.
Donna Price is a strategist, working with entrepreneurs to increase profits using the 7 Profitability Accelerators. Create your system for success.