Are You Showing Up In The LOCAL SEARCH?
Local search for local businesses is critical in being found online. It means that you need to have your business properly listed in all of the relevant search engines. When you do, then your business can be found by people looking for what you sell.
Local search is important especially for locally based businesses such as restaurants, chiropractors, dentists, massage therapists, retail stores, lawyers, accountants, electricians, contractors, painting companies, roofers etc. If you do not come up when your prospects are looking for you: ie…. YOUR BUSINESS TYPE + LOCATION, then you are missing many new clients or customers.
Check YOUR LOCAL SEARCH Score:
I just added a new local search evaluator. You can enter your business and zipcode to run a complete report on your business. Almost every business we have checked needs work!! That is probably you too.
The report is totally free so don’t be shy. We all are working to be found and now you can see what is helping and what is hurting your local listings.
10 Facts You Need to KNOW about Local Directories:
- Searches within local directories account for a whopping 10 billion of the searches that are made every month. (GetListed.org)
- YouTube is the second-largest social networking site in the world. While it’s still behind Facebook – the largest networking site with 1.2 billion active users – YouTube surpassed Twitter in 2014. (businessinsider.com)
- At the end of 2014, Google+ Business had 540 million users. 240 million of those were active in any given month. (nydailynews.com)
- 90 per cent of users on Yelp say that if a business has a positive review, they are more likely to buy from them. (mashable.com)
- 79 per cent of users say that they treat positive reviews just as they would getting a personal recommendation from a friend or family member. (localvox.com)
- Yelp currently has over 47 million local reviews. (localvox.com)
- Despite that, there are still 87 per cent of small businesses that don’t use review sites such as Google+ Business or Yelp. (mashable.com)
- When online consumers shop online, 73 per cent of the time they were also searching for a store location. (online-behavior.com)
- Half of the users looking for an online purchase do not start their search with a search engine, but rather through a local directory. (AT&T Small Business Technology Poll 2013 – yola.com)
- 90 per cent of customers who look for a local business through their smartphone call or visit that business within 24 hours. (online-behavior.com)
Checking your local search results can change your business. NOW — it is of course important to have a lead capture system on your site as well as a compelling offer and the right messaging…. Effective online marketing is a combination of tactics.
What’s Your Local Score?
Enter any business name and zip code and see how optimized it is for local search.
Donna Price is a strategist, working with entrepreneurs to increase profits using the 7 Profitability Accelerators. Create your system for success.