Not Building Your Self Worth Affects Your Business, Your Life, YOUR Results
You are born with an innate sense of self-worth that you build on and develop as you grow. There are three main pieces to building up your self-worth, and in this article, we’ll examine all three to find out a bit about each.
1. Know and Understand Yourself – Knowing who you are inside has nothing to do with what clothes you wear, the things you own, the car you drive, or how much money you make. It isn’t about your education or lack thereof, or whether you are in a relationship or not. It IS about knowing what makes you uniquely and undeniably you.
What do you love, what don’t you?
What do you enjoy?
What types of things and experiences do you value?
A great question to ask that will help you understand what you value about yourself is: If everything I own, and everything I love, was taken from me tomorrow, and all I had was myself…what would I be able to offer the world?
2. Accept Yourself As-Is – Accepting yourself means valuing who you are in the present moment, regardless of what you may have done in the past that you’d rather not think about. The good news is that you don’t have to think about it! Being able to accept yourself means no judgments, no looking back, and no looking forward. Just here and now, and who you are at this moment, including the good and the bad, the perfect and the flawed parts of yourself.
3. Unconditionally Love Yourself – A very large part of increasing your self-worth is learning to love and care for yourself. Make sure you’re taken care of and that your needs are met. Practice positive and compassionate thinking about yourself, and to yourself. This is where you let go of that negative self-talk, self-loathing, and negative thinking patterns. Everybody – each and every one of us here on earth – have flaws and faults. It helps make up who we are as individuals. But it doesn’t negate our value.
4. Recognize Yourself – This is where you begin to truly realize that everything external to you – people, places, happenings – have no bearing on who you are and what you are inherently worth to yourself and the world. When these external things no longer serve you, you must learn to let them go – they are no longer part of your identity. Instead, you’ve grown a much stronger sense of self that no longer relies on these external things.
5. Take Full Responsibility – Now, you are in control and it is you and only you who are responsible for your life experiences, your problems, and your unique circumstances. You have the ultimate power to control your entire world.
Focusing your time and energy on building your self worth helps you on every front: business, personal, relationships, family, success…. it is worth your time!
A Success Mindset Serves YOU Well
Developing a success mindset can help your feelings of low self worth. Pick up my guide to build your success mindset along with the comprehensive daily planner. When you plan for success and work on success, your mindset shifts. Low self worth is not possible with a success mindset or a growth mindset.
When you work on your own mindset, you will see a shift.
Download the guide today. HERE
When you start focusing, intentionally, on your mindset, your self worth you will find that you do get to choose it. You have the ability to shift it and take control and change the results. Decide today to change low self worth. Don’t let it take control of your life.
Donna Price is a strategist, working with entrepreneurs to increase profits using the 7 Profitability Accelerators. Create your system for success.