You might think you don’t have anything to share with a press release for your business, but I would argue strongly that you do! In fact, press releases can probably be sent out once or twice per month. What?
Yes! Once or twice per month you should be sending out a new press release. Now you are wondering what on earth would you say!
Here are a few ideas:
- new events (this one is obvious)
- new staff at your shop/facility/studio
- your business anniversary
- new training or certifications
- new programs/services
- holiday related specials or events (did you know that there is a holiday almost every day? This means you can use more than just the BIG holidays.
- changes in your business such as new location, new branch, redesign, reopening etc.
- current events — sometimes there is something happening in the world that you should be writing about. For example, in my article about Chimney Sweeps (http://profitabilityacademy.com/blog/market-to-save-lives) I use the example of a chimney fire that occurs locally. That is an event that a chimney sweep should be doing a press release about — how to prevent a chimney fire in your home. That article is called Market to Save Lives, because when chimney sweeps educate consumers on the dangers of not sweeping their chimney they can literally save lives. But your educational marketing can too.
Remember to include your About YOUR COMPANY section with a link to your website.
Including a call to action in your press release is tricky, because this is not a paid ad, it is news. So you need to be smart in how you word your release and how you invite people to visit your website. If you don’t do this well, your release will get rejected and you won’t get the coverage that you were hoping for.
You might also be wondering–>> why not just do an ad? Well, a press release is published differently than an ad. It actually gives you better exposure and credibility than a paid advertisement does. That is what you want.
If you want to learn more about writing press releases check out the resources we have in the Profitability Academy.
Want a DONE -FOR-YOU service — Let me know — I do that for you! CLICK HERE